Create Purpose Through Volunteering:
National Apprentice Day offers America’s youth an unparalleled chance to learn from business leaders across the United States. Through organizing and executing events, we support our volunteers to enable the youth apprentices within a fun and far-reaching community social circle of mentors, role models and newly discovered career paths that can ignite and strengthen imagination and ambition to everyone involved.
By supporting this effort, you are offering a dynamic platform to empower youth to become our next leaders.
“I volunteered at the Greenbrier Resort during an apprentice day in 2015. I loved taking photos while getting to know the kids, parents, and hotel staff. It was so amazing to see kids work their dream jobs and I was so happy to be involved!” – Travis Farley, Employer w/ Travis Farley Design and Volunteer (pictured above left)
“National Apprentice Day is free for kids and businesses. We are building a community of business leaders to guide young adults in exploring their dream jobs because hands-on learning is priceless. Our mission is to get kids out of the classroom and into the workforce, to start thinking about their future at a young age.” – Christina Entenmann, founder/president of National Apprentice Day (pictured above middle)
“I just love to see the kids get excited and get involved. This program is so good, especially for high school students.” – Katie Ickes, who works with the Communities in Schools program at Greenbrier East High School. (pictured above right)
How you can Volunteer:
- Spread the word!!! Tell your friends, co-workers, family about our free program. Help us recruit employers, donors, and youth apprentices!
- Organize and execute events
- Notify schools about upcoming apprentice day events
- Contact students to confirm their apprenticeships
- Work on site!
- Meet and greet apprentices at employer locations
- Help guide them through the day
- Take photos and/or video that we can use to get the word out!