We uphold these core values. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
At National Apprentice Day, we value business ethics and child safety above all else. We hold ourselves accountable to the families, employers, regulatory authorities and contributors at all times.
The mission of National Apprentice Day is to improve lives by connecting America’s youth to their dream job, regardless of income, race, or gender. This critical role requires that all of us involved in National Apprentice Day, who foster such an essential public good, must assume the responsibility of earning public trust.
Accordingly, National Apprentice Day plays a unique role both as a leader in the educational services sector and as a major resource to member National Apprentice Day organizations to build trust through all that we do. This bond of trust goes far beyond legal or regulatory requirements to include our core values, and ethics. To fulfill this special obligation, our core values provide the foundation on which we base our actions and decisions.
- We value business ethics and child safety above all else.
- We hold ourselves accountable to the families, employers, regulatory authorities and contributors at all times.
- We strive to build professional relationships within a business model that is adaptable to the needs of the workforce and youth of this nation.
- We are driven by a passion for inspiring young minds and watching them and the employers succeed within a safe and constructive learning environment that serves to reduce the ever increasing skills gap of this nation.
National Apprentice Day’s role in our society:
We are a passionate, growing and independent nonprofit that strives to strengthen the social, cultural, educational, and economic fabric of our society.
- We provide employers a way to stand up for impoverished children as we provide them with youth that seek to explore the jobs they would like to succeed in as they develop into young adults.
- Our employers are taking on a role of leadership that provides technical training and job shadowing lessons to our nation’s youth in an effort to close the ever-increasing industry skills gap.
- Our goal is to garner a sense of hope in each child by way of increased confidence in a skill. Increased skills, hope and confidence we feel is critical to lifting children and young adults out of poverty and away from self destructive behavior for even the youth that are above poverty line status.
Impact and Commitment to Youth Success:
We make a positive difference and have a measurable impact of enduring consequence.
- We make a difference in our community and collectively in our world. Our efforts change lives.
- We are committed to providing programs that are relevant to all people, all cultures, all communities, and the times.
- We assume responsibility as good stewards of and are accountable for our work and sustainable results.
We are made relevant and impactful through the spirit of volunteerism.
- National Apprentice Day invites volunteers to express their philanthropic beliefs (expression of one’s “love of humanity”).
- We believe that the most effective models of service and excellence are created through the leadership of volunteers.
Innovation and Education:
We believe that we can create a better future through supporting academia in parallel with innovation.
- Our program is intended to be a supplement to academic education, not a replacement. On the contrary we believe problem solving in the workplace is an essential tool in illustrating the need for traditional education.
- We seek to recognize and reward apprentices on their successes, as well as educate them on the priceless lessons of failures.
- Our philosophy on innovation is that those who have succeeded have simply failed more times than those who have tried.
- We aim to provide the skills and experiences that will enable Apprentice Day apprentices to keep attempting innovation when others have given up.
Integrity and Accountability:
As Apprentice Day is operated by employees that take physical ownership in the company, we strive to make decisions that feel sustainable and ethical in the long term.
- We execute on the promises that we make since our business model is to build a community, not a stock share price. If we don’t meet your expectations in any way we want to hear from you so we can collaborate on ways to improve our services.
- We are only here because of you, our contributors, employers and children in need. Our goal is to ever expand this community – increasing everyone’s connectivity, transparency and enjoyment along the way.
- Our physical map of active and completed apprenticeship locations, along with journal entries and thank you letters from the apprentices are aimed to give contributors an inside look into the progress, outcomes and value of our programs. See our Thank You page for more details.
We are strong only when we are inclusive. Our philosophy is that diversity is what made and will continue to make America great, it’s what makes Apprentice Day great as well.
- We aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of our work. We are committee to understanding the political, economic, social, and cultural context of our work and activities.
- We act in ways that respect the dignity, uniqueness, and intrinsic worth of every person—the community, the donors, our own staff and families, boards, and volunteers.
- We believe in a movement built from the rich diversity and gifts of all people in all systems.
- We celebrate, respect, and welcome apprentices, contributors and employers of every race, gender and income level. We advocate for every child having equal career and living standard improvement opportunities. To that end, Apprentice Day is committed to providing children in poverty the increased resources needed to successfully attend, participate and complete apprenticeships, thanks to the invaluable donations from contributors like you.
Word of Mouth Worthy Service:
Our goal is to exceed expectations to the point where everyone involved is sharing their personal excitement with everyone they know. To achieve this we’ve dedicated ourselves to delivering timely, reliable and ethical service that the whole world can witness and participate in first hand.
- From an eye opening Apprentice Day day trip facebook video to an extensive apprenticeday.org journal entry blog outlining a 6 month apprenticeship, our goal is for everyone involved to pursue what they love and share it with the world as we recognize them for their dedication and support.
- As our Thank You page illustrates, we create an environment in which all of our members and contributors feel connected, heard, safe, respected, and supported, come see for yourself and join our community, be heard! Click here to see our Thank You page.
We value and effectively utilize every resource we are given – funding, time, talent and other wise.
- One example of this is our goal of word of mouth marketing along with extensive use of social media platforms, they are a much more personal yet much less costly and time intensive way to seek employers, seek volunteers, promote our apprenticeships and campaign for funding than traditional print, television and mail media.
- As providing children with apprenticeships is our passion, we take great ownership and accountability for the use of responsible use of resources.
- We try our best to work with employers that operate in an environmentally responsible manner and uphold a safe, hazard free work place. All financial expenditures are disclosed on our Financials page.
This term is at our core as it applies to so many areas of our business:
- The apprentices – As mentioned in our diversity section, we feel that each child deserves an equal opportunity and this means that resources needed can greatly vary. Children in poverty are often needing more training and mentoring to be given career and higher education opportunities equal to children of greater means. The impoverished child is often available and willing to apprentice but something as simple as work place safe shoes or consistent transportation could be keeping them from their apprenticeship. Sustainability comes in many forms here.
- Our employees – To provide world class service to our apprentices and employers we require a highly skilled and dedicated staff with minimal turn over. To achieve this we provide sustainable compensation, benefits and as much recognition as we can give- its another one of the reasons for our social network based community building system. Growth is highly encouraged with comprehensive training and personal development resources.
- Our employers – As we reach out to businesses that want to be involved with Apprentice Day we examine not only the skills gap they are needing assistance with but the sustainability of their business as a whole. This does not mean profitability, but rather the employer’s citizenry with respect to the environment, child molestation history and workplace safety. All factors are researched, examined and transparently communicated to the Apprentice Day community.