Located in Damascus, Virginia, Fisher Hollow Vet Clinic is a locally owned/operated veterinarian clinic that provides quality care to pets no matter how large or small. They offer treatment and surgery with 24 hour emergency service.
- Wear issued uniforms and adhere to dress code
- Communicate clearly, honestly, and respectfully with all clinic staff, fellow peers, parents, and volunteers
- Assist with vet duties
- Follow all clinic safety and security procedures
- Animal care and health studies
- Understanding the basics of spaying, neutering, setting broken bones, treating wounds, providing geriatric care for older pets.
- Depending on the situation, apprentices may be exposed to an animal’s X-rays and see medicines for animals with illnesses. They may witness a surgery and euthanasia if necessary.
- Recognizing the education requirements to earn a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree.
- Understanding the responsibilities of a DVM
- Recognizing the importance of delivering high quality customer service concerning veterinarian services, protocol, and procedures.
- Learning the importance of veterinary medicine. Apply subject matter learning in evaluation of “real world” situations and accordingly formate immediate course of action
- This employer offers yearly apprentice days