- Introduce students to the preschool environment
- Learn how to teach and interact with children ages 3-5.
- Lead students in an activity: such as an art project, science experiment, read aloud or demonstrate a special talent as a ‘guest speaker’.
- Respond to LUMC staff’s queries and requests
- Lead students in activities
- Communicate clearly, honestly, and respectfully with all LUMC staff, fellow peers, parents, and volunteers
- Assist with teacher duties such as setting up activities and cleaning.
- Follow all LUMC safety and security procedures
- Demonstrate an understanding of preschool teaching
- Be able to understand the basics of education as it relates to preschool aged children in the classroom setting and demonstrate knowledge of Christian teachings’ importance to preschool education.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional standards accepted in education
- Ensure that each child’s needs are met
- This employer is registered bi-yearly)
The Preschool at Lewisburg United Methodist Church (LUMC) is a Christian-focused preschool. They emphasize individualized learning in small classrooms. They offer 3-year and 4-year classrooms, and preschool is in session Monday–Thursday from 9am-12:30pm. Students enjoy age-appropriate academics, socialization and community involvement, and weekly music, Spanish and chapel lessons. For more information about this employer, visit: apprenticeday.org/employers/lewisburg-united-methodist-church/
With guidance from LUMC’s experienced teachers, apprentices will lead students in an activity, such as an art project, science experiment, read aloud or demonstrate a special talent as a ‘guest speaker’.
Interested in this apprentice day? Email us at email@example.com