Retro Donuts and more is an upscale donut shop in Lewisburg, WV, featuring hand-crafted cake and raised donuts and more! They offer delicious organic, fair trade coffees and espresso, tasty breakfast sandwiches and bowls, as well as fresh lunch salads, soups and sandwiches. Healthy breakfast and lunch selections are available, with gluten-free and vegetarian options. If that is not enough, they feature all of this in a 60’s “retro” diner theme, complete with oldies music to set the atmosphere.
Job Description: Retro crew members perform a multitude of tasks. They perform food production duties or serve patrons. They are responsible for providing efficient, friendly service to patrons, as well as maintaining a professional store appearance, in order to ensure complete customer satisfaction and to reflect high standards.
- Maintaining a clean and organized workstation
- Ensuring clean guest area
- Working well in a team environment by communicating effectively with manager and co-workers
- Problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Answering questions and providing courteous service to customers
- Taking and completing orders accurately and efficiently
- Politely engaging in suggestive selling techniques
- Accepting payment for product and delivering correct change
- Inspecting product for quality
- Preparing all ingredients necessary for doughnut processing (glaze, fillings and icings – using the correct formula)
- Restocking products to guarantee freshness
- Unloading delivery trucks
- Following procedures and company standards
- Answer telephone in a timely manner
- Identify the different pastries and foods available on the menu
- Provide good customer relations and food service
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of production and plating methods for a variety of foods, baked goods, desserts, and confectioneries.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the principles of proper hygiene methods and the safe and proper use of a variety of tools and equipment used in professional baking
- Learn how to work within time constraints
- Apply subject matter learning in the evaluation of “real world” situations and accordingly formulate an immediate course of action
Location: 116 Quarry Village Rd. Lewisburg, WV. 24901. retrodonutsandmore.com